New Harlequins WIP

Posted: February 17, 2015 in Eldar, Harlequins, Warhammer 40k
Tags: , , , ,

Harlequins 2015 WIP

With it being half-term I have been making good progress on my Harlequins. I must say that the new models are fantastically dynamic and a real joy to put together. One of the cleaver aspects of the design is the separate heads and masks which give you a great deal of choice when putting the models together.

Harlequins 2015 WIP

For the colour scheme I decided to go with the one on the box as this will help to tie them in with my planned Craftworld army (currently three half-painted grav tanks). The diamond pattern is quite time-consuming but it looks great and is such a defining feature of the Harlequins that I couldn’t leave it out.

Harlequins 2015 WIP

Speaking of diamonds, @Dezartfox posted a great tutorial over on The Vanus Temple on airbrushing diamonds onto Harlequin coats. Needless to say, I was so impressed with the results I went ahead and stole the idea. It’s a really nice subtle effect which will add some interest to large flat areas which might otherwise end up looking a bit lifeless.

I also received a couple of boxes of Skyweaver Jetbikes in the post which I have started to assemble. Stay tuned for more.

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Sam Wise says:

    impressive ! looking forward to see the final result !

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s